Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Arc
Today I made my way down to the ARC on campus. I like to go down there to lift and workout at least 3-4 times a week. Depending on the time though it is hard to accomplish this because it is so packed. I don't understand why Slippery Rock wouldn't have built a bigger gym if they were planning on expanding. They could have at least built another gym so that it wouldn't be so packed half of the time. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, comment if you have the same feelings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It does get really packed down the arc. Sometimes when I go down there I just turn right around because it is so packed. At every start of the new semester you have to go down to the arc a few times a day to see when it is not busy. Then that's when you have to work out. Sometimes late at night is a perfect time to go down and work out.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. It is a shame that SRU keeps accpeting so many new freshmen every year and yet they still have one gym center and it feels like things are going to stay like this for awhile. I think it would be great to either expand the ARC or build another gym somewhere on campus. Working out is one of the favorite things to do, when I find time, so it would be great if I could actually do it and not wait in line for machines the whole time I'm there.
ReplyDeleteI also agree, I have class in the arc in the morning and it's even packed then. I usually go super early or super late cause that's the only time that it isnt too busy, or dinner time cause people are naturally eating dinner. But we need to cut back on these freshmen creeping on campus, or we will definitely need expand, not even the gym but also dining halls, and even more dorms, if you can imagine.
ReplyDeleteEh I don't well get another gym anytime soon. I think ours is pretty nice! It is crowded right now but it always is at the begging of each semester.. people will quit going soon and it will go back to normal. No need wasting millions of dollars.
ReplyDeleteI agree as well, the arc has been crowded lately. I think they should build another gym or at least expand on the current one. I like to go early in the morning or late in the evening, thats when it's the least packed. It is true what KWil said, about how it is crowded now because it's the beginning of the semester. It will die down soon because people will be busy or tired of it, then the crowd will go back to normal.
ReplyDeleteThe ARC is usually packed for the first few weeks of school. Soon or later most students will stop going. The worst time to go usually is between 4-6. I think this is because most students want to get a workout in and then go eat. I hate having to wait for a machine or some weights but hopefully it will die down soon.
ReplyDeleteI agree the ARC is packed from 4-6. I hate waiting 10-20 minutes for a machine. I think once school gets goin, the crowds should die down hopefully. Most of the kids that go from 4-6 are almost all freshman and it gets kind of annoying. But lets hope for the best
ReplyDelete